Lance and Danette

Lance and Danette

Friday, May 2, 2008

Our Home

Lance and I purchased what will hopefully be our last home in June 2007! We opted to buy an older brick house in Hendersonville, but it is in a very desirable location coming toward the peninsula. The yards are big! Ours is a 1/2 acre, so we are not right on top of our neighbors - who, by the way, are WONDERFUL!

We (well, really Lance) have completely gutted the entire house. He replaced all the systems...plum-BING, HVAC, electrical... he replaced every piece of sub-floor with new... all new drywall, new appliances, new bathrooms, new hardwood... I am in awe every day of all he knows and can do. He takes such pride in his work. This has been a process of not just re-working a home, but for me a life lesson of completely trusting another person. Miss In Control is not in control of this renovation. There were so many decisions to make that I think, at some point, I stopped making them and just let Lance take over. He is amazing at visualizing a space and making it beautiful. All his designs are very tasteful and of fantastic craftsmanship! It's also been a quiet lesson in patience and waiting. My husband is a genius!

I LOVE MY HOME!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I want to see pics of your home!! How awesome! J.