Lance and Danette

Lance and Danette

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Schooooool's... OUT...for...SUMMER!

Unlike some parents, I actually ADORE summer time. It's when we can get into a more normal routine with the kids. I am looking forward to a great one. Bailey has one more day of school and will come in tomorrow evening. She will officially be a Sophomore! Darby's last day was last Wednesday and he is now officially a 6th grader - middle "schooler". Both kids made Honor Roll all year and I am proud.

This week Darby started The Wave summer day camp at our church and was excited to see all his friends. It is a unique and enriching opportunity for the kids and I have been blessed to have them in a program like this. Bailey began as a Junior Counselor for the Wave in the 8th grade. This year she actually gets a pay check. I am really proud of her.

I don't have much planned for summer so far. Lance and I are getting away to Annapolis for the 4th as we have been consumed by this house renovation and need to get away. Darby is going next week to visit his grandparents (the Tew's) in Florida, but that is about all on the books so far.

We are open to anyone visiting up here in beautiful Tennessee. I hope to get home sometime during the summer too!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I would so LOVE to come to TN!!! : ) Gas prices are keeping us from doing much travel this summer. : (