Lance and Danette

Lance and Danette

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lance's Garden

We were able to pick our first squash of the season! Lance literally cut them off the monterous vines and handed them to me. I washed them and cut them up, cooked them with some onion and butter for dinner last night. We are talking vine to plate in 20 minutes. Bailey says they were the BEST she ever tasted! Now remember Lance grew everything - the squash, tomatoes and cucumbers - from seeds! Completely organic and what a difference in the taste!! Lance has grown food for our family - pretty cool!

Out of the blue our neighbor, Todd Ross, brought over two huge BBQ'd chicken halves made with homemade BBQ sauce. They were absolutely delicious .... a really nice surprise because I only had to make sides for last night's dinner! Bailey and I are making pound cakes for all our neighbors this weekend. We have some really great ones.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm coming to you house!! Oh GOSH the squash sounds fabulous!!! I've got to learn how to grow organically...need directions please. : ) luv ya girl!!