Lance and Danette

Lance and Danette

Monday, June 16, 2008

WARNING: Sun Worshippers

I went two weeks ago for my yearly Dermatologist appointment based on my mother and father's history. I had four biopsies. All FOUR were dyplastic moles. They have over a 90% chance of becoming melanomas within 5 years! Not Basal cell carcinomas but the full blown BAD BOYS!!! So, there were two that were totally taken care of via the the biopsies... meaning all the cells were captured in the biopsy... GONE! There are two more... one on my right forearm and one on my abdomen that need more work. That is OK. A bit uncomfortable... just a little shot and then a slight "punch" and a stitch or two. That's the small price I pay for worshipping the sun and being a native Floridan! Bottom line is EVERYONE needs to go to the Dermo to get checked out.... it's worth 45 minutes of your time! We can still love the sun, we just need this in our yearly regimen of "check up" items.... we catch 'em early and they are no big deal!! It is sooooo worth it. I love you all!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thanks for blogging this! I've so put this off and there are a few places I know that need checking...David and I both really need to do this.