Lance and Danette

Lance and Danette

Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Time....1st Wedding Anniversary

I love the pace of summer - I truly do. Everyone pitched in this weekend for our garage sale on Saturday, except Darby (it was his Dad's birthday this weekend). Jacob was the mascot... wore a clown nose, big glasses and a rainbow wig. Meagan even got into the act. Cracked us all up! He welcomed everyone who walked up the drive. We had a good turn out and have decided to do it one more time on July 12th. After the garage sale we headed over to Lance's parent's house for a fun cookout.... Terry is fierce on the grill. I made marinated cucumber salad with cucumbers from our garden. YUM! All the kids went swimming and had a great time! Jacob got stung by a wasp and never made a peep. It was a red wasp too... hurt twice as bad. What a trooper. Sunday was church in the NEW Fellowship Hall which was great. Meagan was "starving" to death at about 11:30am. She and Bailey are my rabbits. They like all vegetables! So, I made an early supper of baked chicken with this buttery cracker crust on the top, turnip greens, buttered corn, mashed potatoes and chicken gravy. Jacob said, "It's so homey here." I can think of no greater compliment. The house brimming with kids is the just the best. Tonight is 'Swim Mondays' at Danny and Anita Dickey's house, one of neighbors. They have a nice pool and the kids have a lot of fun. Today is Lance's and my 1st wedding anniversary! I am so grateful for him in my life and the joy he brings to me and the rest of the family. He is my everything! We are officially celebrating our anniversary next week in Annapolis with Teresa and Justin.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

This just really makes me smile. God is so good to give you a home full of kids...and your cooking sounds scrumptious!! Cucumber and Onion marinade is my FAV. I'm so happy for you!

love you girl! OH and I am so proud of Bailey!!! YAY!